Bio

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Evernote X Student Texting

I had an idea last night while at a Mass Council for the Social Studies board meeting (the board we listing the dates for next years meetings, so I texted them to my evernote account).

I'm going to have every student from one of my U.S. History Honors classes create Evernote accounts and during a lecture / class activity I'll have them text any important information to their evernote account (using the email address evernote assigns).

As a follow up, for homework I'll have the students log into their Evernote accounts and synthesize their notes into one coherent summary of the class, concept learned and a reflection on the activity.

Hey, it might not be ground breaking, but it will expose a group of students to cloud computing. A skill that they will NEED to have to operate and succeed in the 21st century.

After this activity, I'll post the student feedback...be on the lookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment