I have used prezi in the past as conference presentations (the learning curve is steep, but worth the effort) I had never considered using it as a note taking / discussion recording tool. As Justin's presentation continued, I found it easier and easier to keep up with his ideas, connections, listener questions and insights.
Here is what I ended up with:
Some concluding thougths:
There are limitations with using prezi as a primary note taking device.
1. An internet connection is required.
2. Storage within a free prezi account is limited
3. Presentations must be downloaded and stored offline to free up storage space.
There are also some quickly recognized benefits:
1. Notes become intuitive. Lecturers, presenters, films & presentations do not always share their information or message in a linear format. Prezi allows the note taker to think and receive the information in a non-linear format.
2. A "path" can be created after the presentation. This might benefit students, as they would be forced to review & rethink the information that they were just exposed to and then make connections to content or message that they might not have realized.