Bio

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Google Moderator X Back Channel X Twitter Test

I've used a number of different back channel tools in class (Edmodo, twitter, todaysmeet) and have been happy with the results.  But, I just came across Google Moderator (maybe I missed the boat on this one, but I hadn't heard of it).  What I like so far is that once a discussion is created & the url for the discussion is shared, people can participate in the discussion (by posting ideas & questions).  The best part, is that anyone who participates in the discussion can either "vote" up or down for a posted idea.  The best ideas or questions will essentially rise to the top of the discussion and participants will be validated as others "vote" up their post.

Here is my test, I have created a discussion that I put on to my PLN on twitter.  The discussion topic, "What have you done this summer to improve your teaching?"  I'm looking forward to the responses, not only to see the tool in action, but to get some inspiration before going back to school.  Most of all, I'm running a tech training session to 9th grade teachers in my district at the end of the month, and I can't wait to show them a populated discussion before I show them how to use the tool.

This is a "must use" for me next year!

Please participate and vote in the discussion.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Google Moderator is the gateway drug of backchannel tools. Focused, easy to use, and useful.

    ReplyDelete