Bio

Sunday, May 15, 2011

What I Learned

The end of the year is quickly approaching & I wanted to find a way to have my students reflect on their freshman year and share their thoughts and perspective with the world.  This is where the "What I Learned" project fits in.  Over the next few weeks, I am going to have all of the 9th graders on my team create short videos where they will reflect on their freshman year and explain 'What I Learned'.

The videos will be short (2-3 minutes in length) and can span any content, lessons or ideas that they have been exposed to this year.  I have a vision for this project. I want it to turn into something big, something inspirational where students from across the country can post their videos, watch videos posted by other students and learn from each other.

It doesn't have to be just videos that are submitted, students can submit email posts, can upload documents or submit mp3 files to the site as well.

The 'What I Learned' projected blog is http://ilearned.posterous.com/

To submit a 'What I Learned' blog post, upload a document or mp3 file, simply email the content to:
ilearned@posterous.com
The subject of the email will become the post title when it appears on the site.

To submit a video to the 'What I Learned' project, simply email the embed code of the video to ilearned@posterous.com

I'm not sure how big the project will become, but I believe it could end up being a great experience for teachers and students to end the school year.
Please feel free to contact me on twitter with any questions: @gregkulowiec
or via email: gkulowiec@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment