Bio

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

5 Classes, 5 Days...1 Doodle

This week I am working with an art teacher in my building to help her document the process of creating a 5 class, 5 day long Doodle project that will result in a 15' X 6' mural that will hang in the main hallway of the school.




The Process:
  • I am shooting video using two flip cameras with tripods and trying to get as many shot types as possible.  From day 1 along there was over an hour worth of footage.
  • In between periods I am extracting the video from the flip cameras and importing the raw footage into iMovie.
  • I then select the clips from the raw footage to include in the iMovie project, delete the audio, speed up the clips to anywhere between 600 - 800% and then lay a music track over the video.
The biggest challenge I can anticipate is doing the final edit and getting all of the footage down to anywhere between 3-4 minutes.  When the entire project is complete and on display, we plan on having the video on a constant loop in a display case next to the doodle. 




1 comment:

  1. this sounds very interesting but I can see the video. Vimeo says i doesn't exist.

    ReplyDelete