This time we will explore the many ways that students can publish to the web by blogging with the Blogger app. However, instead of simply being restricted to the options presented in the app to post only text or images, the smashing will continue and will open up the ability to embed video and audio.
- Explain Everything (optional)
- Garageband (optional)
- Create a blog with Blogger. A new blog can't be created in the app, so go to blogger through Safari to create a new blog.
- Post a entry to the blog through the blogger app. You will notice that there is only an option to insert text and images (camera roll and live photos).
- Create a screencast in Explain Everything and export the video to the camera roll or shoot video from the camera app.
- Upload the video to your Vimeo account from the Vimeo app. (the vimeo app will pull video from the camera roll to upload).
- Log into your Vimeo account through Safari & copy the embed code.
- Paste the embed code in a blog post through the Blogger app. The video will automatically embed when the post is published.
- NOTE: I have had trouble uploading larger videos to Vimeo through the app. Another option is to import larger videos from the camera roll to iMovie and then upload to Vimeo directly from iMovie.
|Tap the share button then copy the embed code|
|Blog post with the Vimeo embed code|
|Blog post with an embedded video that has been published through the Blogger app|
- Record audio directly into the SoundCloud app. The app does not allow for editing. If you would like to credit edited audio I suggest using Garageband. Garageband allows a finished podcast to be exported directly to a SoundCloud account.
- Log into your SoundCloud account through Safari and copy the embed code.
- Paste the embed code into a post through blogger and when published the audio will automatically embed.
With this simple smash, your iPad blog through Blogger can be supplemented quite easily with both embedded audio and video.
How are you app smashing?