Bio

Friday, December 12, 2014

Publishing to YouTube - Two Classroom Solutions

It can be challenging to have students publish their video work to YouTube.  They might not have YouTube accounts or YouTube could be turned off in the student Google Apps domain.  There are two viable solutions to this problem.

Solution 1: Post to a Class (Teacher) YouTube Channel via Email

Process: In the settings of every YouTube channel is an email address associated with the account.
To find the email address:
1. Click on Your icon
2. Click on the settings Gear
3. Find the email in the Mobile Uploads section



Solution 2: Google Drive & YouTube Capture (via iPad)

The process below can be used when students do not have email turned on in the Google Apps domain and when the videos are larger in length (as compared the the email upload limit in option 1)


Once videos are uploaded to the class YouTube channel they can be shared publicly on a class website, blog or twitter account.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Greg,
    This is another easy way to get student videos onto youtube. I have Drive installed in my computer. I have students share videos with me in Drive. Then I move them all to one folder on my Drive. I go to YouTube and click upload and I can select their videos from Drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elin,

    Great idea, thank you for sharing another strategy!

    ReplyDelete